I’ve been told that I make some of the best salads. That is probably because I have tried just about every salad recipe out there LOL! When we have potlucks at work, my coworkers downright force me to bring a salad. This, my friends, limits my creativity…hmmph! Well, okay…not really (hee hee hee).
I get bored easily with food. I am always on this conquest to outdo myself…what’s that about? I have no idea!! But, until I sit on Martha Stewart’s couch and have her diagnose my food psychosis, we will deal with it the best we can, right? Right! 😉 So, somewhere in this state of Bored City, I decided I didn’t want to do any of the traditional salads that I’m known for. The focus of this event was on food that is good, easily prepared and biteable (is that a word?).
I decided to do a bite size caesar salad. What’s more simple than caesar salad? Really all you need is the lettuce and dressing…everything else is extra. I embellished a bit according to my taste (and simply because that’s what I do), but feel free to alter this recipe to your taste. You can make it in any way you like your salad. The only thing I’d suggest is to stick to my favorite lettuce – romaine. I chose Boston Bibb lettuce because it’s so petite and cute, but it did not hold up to the pressure (nor the taste) that I’m used to. But…don’t take my word for it. Go with whatever lettuce you love! 😉
- Lettuce leaves (Romaine or Boston Bibb)
- croutons (preferably seasoned)
- grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- shredded chicken (optional)
- bacon bits (optional)
- chives (optional)
- Caesar salad dressing (or other favorite dressing)
- Rinse and clean the lettuce. Dry with paper towels or sit out to dry.
- Arrange lettuce on a platter or thread through skewers.
- Crushing croutons in your hands, spread over lettuce evenly.
- Arrange the tomatoes evenly on each lettuce leaf.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over lettuce.
- If adding optional items, spread those evenly over lettuce.
- Drizzle salad dressing over lettuce (sparingly).
- Serve and enjoy (salad may be chilled without dressing for a few hours or overnight)!