Ok, so my first and second trimesters were consumed with an addiction to brussels sprouts. My third trimester, however, took a strange turn of events. My sister introduced me to a roasted veggie mix that included squash, broccoli, and garlic among other things. It was scrumptious! I decided I would try it with asparagus instead of broccoli the next time. I found asparagus at a heck of a good deal at Costco’s…plus they had baby portobello mushrooms…YUMMM!!! When I finally decided to cook again (hey, I’m pregnant and, as you can tell from the recipe posting negligence lately, I’m too tired to cook), I was way too exhausted to even think about cutting all those fresh veggies again. So I decided to keep it simple. I fell in love with the result which turned out super simple – fresh garlic, asparagus and mushrooms. My hubby said it was restaurant quality. Even the kids love it (well, my 4 year old semi-loves it). You MUST give it a try!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large pan, add all vegetables.
- Pour olive oil over the vegetables, spreading evenly.
- Pour salt over vegetables, spreading evenly.
- Toss vegetables with salt and oil to cover evenly.
- Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes.